- Yield:makes 2 dozen (24) cookies
- Total time:40 minutes
- 2 cups (227g) pecan flour
- 1 cup (113g) almond flour
- 2 cups Splenda or stevia Extract in the Raw, or 1 cup New Roots stevia Sugar
- 3/4 cup (64g) unsweetened cocoa powder, natural or Dutch-process
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (50g) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (57g) salted butter or margarine, melted
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia
Position 2 oven racks in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Mist 2 baking sheets with spray oil, or line them with parchment paper or silicone mats and then mist the surfaces with spray oil.
In a medium bowl, combine the pecan flour, almond flour, Splenda, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and whisk until well mixed. Stir in the pecans. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, butter, vanilla, and liquid stevia together until thoroughly blended. Add the flour mixture and stir with a large spoon for about 2 minutes to make a thick, sticky batter (see page 27).
Drop the dough onto the prepared pans, using about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough per cookie and spacing them about 3 inches apart.
Bake for 8 minutes, then rotate the pans and switch racks and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until the cookies are firm to the touch and crispy.
Immediately transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.